Airbnb Tips for Hosts: Boost Your Ratings Using These 6 Tips
Posted on: May 17, 2019 | by: admin
Are you thinking about becoming an Airbnb host? With so many awesome things to see in Toronto, it’s easy to make some extra money by becoming an Airbnb host. As a host, reviews of your home can make or break future rentals. It is important to get good ratings in order to continue to see the rentals you want.
Are you interested in learning a few tips for increasing your ratings and getting better reviews? Read this post!
Airbnb How to Host in 6 Easy to Follow Tips
- Manage expectations: The best way to have happy guests from the start is to be honest about your listing. Be honest when describing the location, amenities and other little quirks of your home. For example, if entering your home requires you to climb a number of stairs, make sure you mention this in the listing.
- Keep the Airbnb spotless: One of the easiest ways to get points docked is for your Airbnb to be messy. If you do not have time to thoroughly clean between each guest, it is important to hire a company that can. If you’re concerned about the cost of hiring a company to clean, consider adding the cost into your listing.
- Offer amenities: Another way to boost your rating is to offer features and amenities that your guest will find valuable. For example, stock the fridge with some local beers for your guests to sample. Invest in a coffee maker and leave out a blend of different local coffees. Offering more than you promise in your listing will help to delight your guests.
- Be willing to offer suggestions: Many of your guests will be visiting with little to no knowledge of the area or what they want to do. Be an attentive host and be prepared to offer insight on the best places to eat, your favorite trails to hike, some trendy bars to grab drinks and more. Building a relationship with your guests will help to guarantee better ratings.
- Use keyless entry: One feature that will help to bring both you and your guest peace of mind is offering keyless entry. Keyless entry will not only help to increase your sense of security, it also is a convenient feature for guests. Guests have full access to the Airbnb without having to worry about losing the key.
- Offer movies, games and books for entertainment: Unfortunately, there won’t be perfect weather every week. In order to compensate for any bad weather, leave out some good books, movies and game for entertainment.
Declutter Your Home With a Storage Unit Rental!
As an Airbnb host, it is important to make sure your home looks neat and organized. Before becoming an Airbnb host, take the time to declutter your house. A house that is clutter free will automatically look much neater and more organized.
Are you looking for a storage unit near you? Spaces Self Storage has storage facilities in downtown Toronto, on Eastern Avenue and Dupont Street. Our storage facilities offer a variety of convenient storage unit sizes, including the 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage unit. Rent a storage unit with Spaces Self Storage today!