Attic Storage Solutions: Organizing Your Attic in 7 Easy Steps
Posted on: May 22, 2019 |
While most houses have attics, it is relatively uncommon to fully take advantage of this storage space. This area isn’t highly trafficked, which makes keeping it organized very difficult. But, we’re here to offer you some helpful steps that can turn your attic into a storage space! Check them out below.
Turning Attic into Storage Space in 7 Steps
- Pull everything out of your attic: First and foremost, pull everything out of your attic and set it to the side. This will help you to see what all you have in your attic and will make it easier to sort through your items.
- Get rid of unneeded items: Next, sort through all of your items and pull out things you no longer need. For example, if you have duplicate items, broken or damaged items, or items you simply do not need, get rid of them. This will help to prevent your attic from being too cluttered. When getting rid of unneeded items, sort the items into categories labeled “give away”, “sell”, “donate” and “throw out”.
- Use storage bins: One of the best ways to keep miscellaneous items together is to utilize storage bins. Storage bins are also relatively inexpensive and will help your attic to look more organized.
- Label all bins and boxes: While you may not venture into your attic look for items often, when you do, it’s nice to be able to find things easily. Label the outside of all boxes and bins to make it easier to find what you’re looking for.
- Consider adding shelves: Adding shelves to a space not only helps to increase storage space, it also makes the area look more organized. Shelves are also a great place to store bins and boxes to keep them off of the floor.
- Consider a storage unit: A storage unit rental is a great way to increase the amount of storage space you have access to and keep your home organized at the same time. If after organizing your attic, you still feel the space is too cluttered, consider storing some items in a storage unit.
- Keep organizing: With an organization project like this, you’re never really done. In order to keep your attic from becoming decluttered again, it is important to continue to organize as you go.
Make Space in Your Home with a Storage Unit Rental!
Looking for a storage facility near you in Toronto? Spaces Self Storage has two state-of-the-art storage facilities in downtown Toronto, one on Eastern Avenue and one on Dupont Street. Our storage facilities have climate controlled storage options, ideal for storing temperature sensitive items. Whether you’re looking to store a few items from your attic, or multiple items from different rooms in your house, we have a storage unit size perfect for you. Rent a storage unit with Spaces Self Storage today!