The Benefits of a Climate Controlled Storage Unit
Posted on: October 19, 2018 |
We get many questions about climate controlled storage. A climate controlled storage unit can help to protect your items from dangerous fluctuations in temperature. At Spaces Self Storage, we think a climate controlled storage unit rental is so important that all of our storage units are climate controlled. Find out the benefits of using a climate controlled storage unit and what items require a climate controlled storage unit below.
What Does Climate Controlled Storage Mean?
If you will be storing items that are sensitive to fluctuations in temperature it is important that you use a climate controlled storage unit. A climate controlled storage unit will maintain a steady range of temperature, between 13°-25° C. By industry standards, this range of temperature is best for storing more sensitive items.
Do I Need a Climate Controlled Storage Unit?
There are many items that require being stored in a climate controlled storage unit. We compiled a list of 6 items that require climate controlled storage below.
- Wooden furniture and items: Overtime, when wooden furniture is exposed to fluctuations in temperature, it can cause the wood to crack, warp or rot. This can permanently damage the furniture, rendering it unusable.
- Musical instruments: Musical instruments are extremely sensitive to fluctuations in temperature. Fluctuations in temperature can affect both the condition and shape of the instrument. Wooden furniture will expand and contract as temperature changes. Any extreme heat can cause bacteria and corrosion to accelerate inside of brass instruments. Once exposed to heat for a long period of time, the strings on any string instrument or piano can snap.
- Artwork and pictures: It’s always important to store artwork and pictures inside of a climate controlled storage unit. Any fluctuations in temperature can severely damage sensitive artwork pieces. If pictures are placed on top of each other, it is possible that the pictures can become stuck together and deteriorate.
- Documents: Whether it is important business documents or personal documents, it is important that you store them in a climate controlled storage unit. If documents aren’t stored in a climate controlled storage unit, they will fade, discolor or can even dissolve.
- Electronics: Electronics are extremely sensitive to fluctuations in temperature. Any extreme fluctuations in temperature can damage the interior wiring or screens on the electronics.
- Clothing: Even clothing can be damaged by fluctuations in temperature. Overtime, fluctuations in temperature can cause mold or mildew to form on your clothing.
Are You Ready to Rent a Climate Controlled Storage Unit?
Once you understand how important a climate controlled storage unit rental is for protecting your items from fluctuations in temperature, it is easy to see why all of our storage units at our storage facilities are climate controlled. No matter whether your storage needs are for household storage, business storage or student storage, we have a storage solution for you. Our storage units range in size from the 5×5 storage unit to the 20×18 storage unit. We also have popular storage unit sizes like the 5×10 and 10×10 storage unit at our Downtown Toronto storage facilities on Eastern Avenue and coming soon on Dupont St. Reserve your storage unit today!