What Home Improvement Projects add the Most Value?
Posted on: July 10, 2019 |
Do you see a move in your future? One of the trickiest parts about moving is selling your home. But, there are a few home improvement projects you can do that when completed, may help it sell easier and quicker, and maybe even for more money! Are you interested in learning more? Check out these tips below!
5 Cheap Ways to Increase Home Value
- Address the lighting: While your home may have unique and charming features, if the lighting is working against you, your guests will not be able to see that. One of the easiest ways to brighten up your home is to remove any outdated curtains that may be blocking light, clean the windows and install new light bulbs.
- Freshen up your landscaping: The first thing anyone sees when passing by your house is the outside of the house. With that being said, it is important that your home makes a good impression. Once the lawn has been freshly mowed and the weeds have been pulled, add potted plants to your doorstep for a homey look.
- Give your house a fresh coat of paint: Looking for a quick and easy way to make your home look cleaner and more updated? Give it a fresh coat of paint. A fresh coat of paint can help to really tie your home improvement efforts together without breaking the bank.
- Consider a bathroom remodel: One room that buyers tend to care the most about is the bathroom. If your bathroom tile, tub, floor or sink look outdated, consider replacing them. While this is a more expensive renovation, it can really pay off in the long run.
- New roof: If your house needs a new roof, pay to get it redone before listing your house. While this investment may feel much more unglamorous than other upgrades, it is still important to do. A buyer isn’t going to want to have to replace the roof, they’d much rather it be done already.
Make a Great First Impression by Clearing the Clutter!
When you are selling your home, you have to be ready to show it at any time. When you are still living in the house, this can become a problem. Not only will a potential buyer want to see every room, but also every closet, cupboard and the basement. One way to make showing your home easier while you’re still living there is to utilize a storage unit rental. With a storage unit rental, you can easily pack up and store items from your home that you will not need until you get to your new home. For example, out of season clothing, sports equipment, decorations and more can easily be stored away. This will help your home to be more clutter-free and easier to show on short notice.
Need a storage solution in the greater Toronto area? Spaces Self Storage has a storage facility in downtown Toronto on Eastern Avenue with 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage units available. Reserve a storage unit with Spaces Self Storage today!