Choosing a Real Estate Agent for Selling and Buying
Posted on: February 4, 2020 |
Whether you’re looking to buy or sell a home, a real estate agent can be a powerful tool to help you get your dream home, or sell your house for the price you want. But, there’s so many different real estate companies out there, it can be difficult to choose the one that’s best for you. Keep reading below for tips for choosing a real estate agent.
Choosing a Real Estate Agent: 5 Must Follow Tips
- Ask for referrals: The best way to ensure you get a trustworthy realtor is to ask for referrals from friends and family members. If you know a friend or family member that had a good experience with an agent, ask them who they used.
- Drive around: To get a good idea of the best real estate agents in the area you’re looking to buy or sell, drive around and look for repeat real estate agent real estate company signs. As you notice names you’ve seen before, write them down.
- Choose an agent that works on commission: While most agents work on commission, you may find some that work on salary. If you’re selling your home, it’s a good idea to go with an agent that works on commission. An agent that works on commission doesn’t get paid unless they make the sale, which means they’re likely going to work very hard for you.
- Interview your prospects: After asking for referrals and doing your own research, you should have a handful of prospects. To ensure you choose the best real estate company for you, consider interviewing the agents or companies you’re interested in. As you interview different real estate agents and tell them about the house you’re looking to buy or sell, you’ll likely notice a pattern in the things they say.
- Go with your gut: After talking to all of your prospects, go with your gut feeling. If a particular agent seemed overly optimistic and it didn’t sit right with you, they may not be the best option for you.
Spaces Self Storage Has Storage Facilities in Downtown Toronto
At Spaces Self Storage, we strive to be your moving expert. When you’re buying or selling a home, you may benefit from using a storage unit rental to store your belongings. For someone selling their home, renting a storage unit is a great way to get personal belongings out of the house. When buying a home, a storage unit rental is a great way to slowly move items out of the house ahead of the move to mitigate the work on moving day.