6 Tips for Getting the Home Ready for Fall
Posted on: October 3, 2019 |
Summertime in Toronto is beautiful. But as the leaves start to turn and the air gets colder, it’s time to start preparing for the winter ahead. Properly preparing your home for winter will help to mitigate the risk of something going wrong during the season. Read below for essential tips for preparing your home for the fall!
How to Get Your Home Ready for Fall and Winter 2019
- Inspect the heating system: To ensure your home is able to be heated properly, it is essential to inspect your home’s heating system. Walk around to each vent to make sure it isn’t covered by furniture or rugs. Next, dust the vents and clean all filters to make sure the air blowing out is clean.
- Clear the gutters: Over time, leaves, sticks and dirt can clog your gutters. To keep your gutters from getting clogged, clear them out at least once a year. If you notice any damage to your gutters, contact a professional.
- Check the roof: While you’re cleaning out the gutters, spend time visually inspecting your roof. If you notice any loose shingles or visible damage to your roof, have a professional look at it before winter comes.
- Check for drafts: A drafty home is not only very uncomfortable; it can also skyrocket your energy bill. To find any drafts, hold a candle up to the sealant on your windows and doors. If the flame flickers, there is likely crack in the seal.
- Test winter equipment: The worst time to find out that you are low on snow salt or that your snow blower no longer works is in the midst of winter. To prevent this from happening, give your snow blower a test run and stock up on salt ahead of time.
- Store outdoor furniture: While outdoor furniture is great for the summer season, it needs to be properly stored during the winter to keep it free from damage. Before storing your outdoor furniture, make sure it is properly winterized to keep it free from damage.
Keep Your Home Organized with a Storage Unit Rental!
We strive to offer organization and storage tips for a clutter free life. Are you looking for storage in downtown Toronto? Spaces Self Storage has a storage facility on Eastern Avenue. Our storage facility is fully climate controlled, which can help to protect your belongings from dangerous fluctuations in temperature. Reserve your storage unit today!