5 Must Follow Tips for Getting the House Ready for the Baby
Posted on: May 6, 2019 |
Do you have a new baby on the way? Welcoming a new baby to your home is both a very exciting time and a very busy time. During the weeks leading up to the baby’s arrival, it is important to baby proof the house. Keep reading this blog for some essential tips for preparing your home for the new baby.
5 Things to do Before Baby Arrives Checklist
- Prepare frozen meals: During the weeks leading up to the baby, prepare frozen meals that can easily be put in the oven or crock pot. After nights with little sleep or days spent caring for the new baby, you’ll be thankful for the convenience of low maintenance meals.
- Wash clothing ahead of time: Have baby clothes, sleepers, socks and more washed and folded before your new baby arrives. This will save you a lot of time once the new baby gets home.
- Check the smoke and carbon monoxide detector: This is not only a smart safety tip to help protect your baby, it will also grant you some peace of mind about the overall safety of your home. Make sure your carbon monoxide detector and smoke alarm are in good working condition with new batteries.
- Get ready for visitors: Whether it’s overnight or day time visitors, one thing you can expect after having a baby is for people to visit. Make sure you have enough easy to prepare snacks and meals for your guests. Additionally, make sure the bathrooms are stocked with hand soap and towels and you have clean sheets for overnight guests. The last thing you want when you just get back from the hospital is to have to spend time running to the store or worrying about your guests.
- Check your home for safety concerns: While it may seem premature to prepare for a baby that can crawl, any parent can tell you how this time will fly. The main thing to look for when babyproofing the house is any items that can potentially injure your child. For example, prevent your child from getting inside of low cabinets by using cabinet locks on all cabinets that are close to the ground. Additionally, keep all medications, cleaning materials and any other toxic materials up high.
Clear Household Clutter With a Storage Unit Rental!
Did your home office, workout room, library or reading room become the baby’s room? Spending time juggling around furniture pieces and other items to make room for the nursery is very common when having a new baby. Unfortunately, though, clearing out a room for the baby can leave the rest of your home feeling cramped and cluttered. Make more room in your home by storing any unneeded items in a storage unit.
Spaces Self Storage has a storage facility in downtown Toronto on Eastern Avenue. Our storage facility offers a variety of storage unit sizes, perfect for any sized storage need. Are you storing leather or wooden furniture, electronics, documents, workout equipment or books? Consider a climate controlled storage unit rental! Reserve your storage unit with Spaces Self Storage today!