Hiring Movers or Doing a DIY Move: 3 Benefits of Both Options
Posted on: September 28, 2019 |
If you are planning on moving in the near future, you are likely trying to decide if you want to hire movers or do a DIY move. There are perks to both options, so the correct answer is really just going to depend on your moving situation. In order to help you decide if hiring movers or doing a DIY move is the better answer for you, we compiled a list of benefits of both options. Read below!
The Benefits of Hiring Movers
- Experience: Let’s be honest, no one has more experience with moving than a moving company does. If you are not very experienced with moving or packing, hiring a moving company may be the best option for you.
- Less stress: When you hire professional movers instead of doing a DIY move, you have a team of people to help with your move. This can help to reduce stress on your moving day, because you have more people to lean on to help with your move.
- Less heavy lifting: Keep in mind that everything in your home, you have to get out of your home. On your moving day when you are already trying to pack last minute items and organize your helpers, you are also responsible for helping to move that heavy dresser out of your home. When you hire professional movers, they do the heavy lifting for you.
The Benefits of a DIY Move
- Avoiding hiring movers cost: Unfortunately, with professional help comes a high price. If you do not mind paying more for the help, then hiring professional movers may be the best option for you. But, if you’re looking to cut back on moving expenses, this may be a place where you can give.
- More control: When you hire professional movers, you are putting the safety of your belongings in someone else’s hands. In order to protect your items from damage, it is essential to hire a moving company that is reputable. If you do not want to have to worry about your items being mishandled, a DIY move may be best for you.
- Moving at your own pace: When you hire professional movers, your moving day schedule is really based on their schedule. With such a busy time, being able to make changes to your schedule can be very comforting.
Spaces Self Storage Has a Free Move-In Truck Rental!
Did you know that Spaces Self Storage offers the use of a free-move in truck to all new renters? If you’re looking to cut down on the cost of moving, consider hiring professional movers to load our free move-in truck. Self Storage is a great resource for those that are moving, because it allows you to store items you do not want cluttering your new home in a safe and secure location.