7 Holiday Preparation and Cleaning Tips
Posted on: November 11, 2018 |
The holiday season is quickly approaching! While the holiday season is an enjoyable season, it can still be quite stressful. The best way to ease the stress of the holidays is to plan ahead. If you start preparing your household for dinner parties, holiday events and Christmas and Boxing Day now, you’ll be able to enjoy the season more as the holidays approach. Find 7 steps for preparing your home for a stress-free holiday below.
7 Stress-Free Holiday Tips for Cleaning and Preparing the Home
- Inspect your house for unfinished projects: It’s very common to have unfinished projects around the house at any given time. Maybe you planned on tearing out the carpet and adding hardwood floors. Whatever the project, in order to get your house ready for holiday guests, try to get it finished up within the weeks leading up to the holiday season.
- Prepare for overnight guests: Before the holiday season, stock up on items for overnight guests. For example, purchase extra shampoo, conditioner, makeup remover and any other items you think they might need.
- Complete a kitchen inventory check: Do you have enough dish soap to get through Christmas and Boxing Day? If not, be sure to buy some ahead of time. Also stock up on plastic wrap, containers for leftovers and non-stick spray.
- Lay out dishes: Lay all of your cooking dishes in your sight and place postcards inside of each item with the name of the food that will be stored. This will clearly show you any gaps you have in supplies ahead of time.
- Clean your appliances: Before the holiday season, give your appliances a thorough cleaning. The last thing you’re going to want your guests to see is the caked-on food from a previous meal. When cleaning your oven, avoid using the self-cleaning option. This can be really hard on your appliance.
- Add lighting: Your holiday guests will not be as familiar with your house as you are. And while you might be aware of the rug on the hallway floor, they may not. The last thing you want during the holiday season is a trip to the emergency room. Adding nightlights to the hallway can go a long way to prevent any accidents.
- Declutter: No matter how much time you spend cleaning your home, if it’s too cluttered, it will not look as clean as you hope. If you have any items you won’t need during the holiday season, it’s a good idea to get them out of the way and avoid an eyesore. If you don’t have space in your home to clear these items out of the way until you need them again, consider a storage unit rental.
Spaces Self Storage Has Storage Facilities in Toronto, ON
Make space for guests in your home this holiday season by renting a storage unit to store your extra items! Spaces Self Storage has a storage facility in Downtown Toronto, on Eastern Avenue. Once the holidays are over and you’re ready to bring bulky items back into your home, your storage unit rental can be used to store your holiday decorations. Reserve a 5×5, 5×10 or 10×10 storage unit today!