How to Increase Home Value for Appraisal
Posted on: January 15, 2020 |
Whether you’re looking to sell your home in a few months, or a few years, keeping ROI in mind is essential when remodeling your home. There are a few upgrades that many home buyers want to see with their next purchase, and having these upgrades can really help to increase the value of your home.
The 5 Best Home Improvements to Increase Value of Your Home
- Invest in the kitchen: For any buyer, the kitchen is a highly valued room of the house. This means that remodeling it can really pay off, but it’s important not to go too far overboard. A good rule of thumb is to remodel the kitchen, but never make it look like it doesn’t fit in with the house or neighborhood the house is in. Adding a backsplash and stainless-steel appliances can really help to give your kitchen an upgraded feel.
- Repaint: It’s amazing how much life a new coat of paint can bring a home. If there are rooms in your home that need a little love, consider adding a new layer of paint. When choosing paint colors, pick one that is neutral and will appeal to the most buyers.
- Add another bathroom: If you only have one bathroom in the home, consider adding another. Adding an additional bathroom will help to increase the value of your home. When choosing a place to add the bathroom in, look for a closet or area that is underutilized. Depending on if you want a half-bath or full bath, you’ll need between 18 to 30 square feet of space to work with.
- Fix any maintenance problems: When someone purchases a house, they don’t want to inherit problems. Replacing part of the roof, the furnace or water heater can help to ease concerns when purchasing a house.
- Add curb appeal: The first impression of your home really matters. To increase the value of your home in the eyes of potential buyers, focus on curb appeal. For example, make sure the leaves are raked, the lawn is mowed, and the landscaping is neat. Additionally, adding ample lighting on the walkway and a freshly painted front door can make the front of your house look much more inviting.
Stage Your Home with a Storage Unit Rental!
When you are showing your home to potential buyers, it is important that it is staged properly. On average, a home that is staged correctly will sell quicker and for more money than a home that isn’t staged. The first rule of staging a home is to remove any unneeded clutter from each room to avoid distracting any potential buyers. To prevent a potential buyer from seeing these items in your closet, basement or cupboards, consider renting a storage unit.
Spaces Self Storage has a fully climate controlled storage unit in downtown Toronto. Our storage facility has a variety of storage unit sizes, ideal for any sized storage need. Reserve a storage unit with Spaces Self Storage today!