How to Load a Moving Truck Correctly
Posted on: June 10, 2019 |
Moving soon? If so, you may have rented a moving truck to help get your items from point A to point B. While loading a moving truck may seem self-explanatory, that isn’t necessarily the case. In order to protect your items and prevent damage or injury from occurring during your move, there is actually a best way to load a moving truck. Are you interested in learning more about how to best load a moving truck? Keep reading this post!
5 Tips for Packing a Moving Truck
- Keep all valuable items with you: First and foremost, it is important to keep any items of value in a separate box that you transport your destination yourself. This is a great spot for jewelry, important documents, money and any other items you want to protect during your move.
- Know where all fragile items are: Make sure all boxes containing fragile items are clearly labeled to prevent damage from occurring to your items. Place all boxes containing fragile items away from any loose heavy items that may fall and cause damage.
- Spread out the weight: In order to ensure an easier and safer move, it is important to spread out the weight of heavy items such as bookcases, appliances, mattresses and more. Place the heaviest items you have up against the front of the truck. This includes a refrigerator, washer and dryer and other heavy appliances. Next, place items like mattresses, a desk or book case down the center of the truck. Finally, place any remaining heavy items against the back of the truck.
- Use moving straps: Secure all heavy items to the moving truck using moving straps. This tip is especially important if your truck isn’t packed fully, which may allow items to shift around during your move.
- Pad with loose blankets and pillows: In order to keep your heavy items secure and to help pad against damage, place loose blankets, pillows and bags of clothes between heavy items.
Reserve Our Free Moving Truck For Your Move!
Are you renting a storage unit and planning on getting a moving truck to help out with the job? We’ve got you covered! All new customers automatically qualify for use of our free moving truck. The moving truck is lightweight with an 8×12 fiberglass body and can easily fit the contents of a 10×10 storage unit. A dolly is included for the ease of your move.
Spaces Self Storage has two storage facilities in downtown Toronto, one on Dupont Street and one on Eastern Avenue. Our storage facilities offer a variety of sizes of storage units for rent, including the 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage unit. Reserve a storage unit today!