How to be a Minimalist: 5 Tips for Living a Minimalistic Life
Posted on: December 10, 2019 |
Living a minimalistic lifestyle has grown in popularity in recent years. While many people think that a minimalistic lifestyle simply involves having as few items as possible in your closet, and a simpler living space, it’s much more than that. There are many benefits to living a minimalistic lifestyle, including more freedom, less stress and extra money. Are you interested in learning how you can live a minimalistic lifestyle? Read below!
Minimalist Lifestyle Tips
- Go through every area in your home: To truly live a minimalistic lifestyle, you have to declutter every room. Go through each room in your home looking for items that are duplicate, damaged or unneeded. Items that are duplicate or unneeded can be donated to a charity or sold.
- Create a wardrobe that can be easily mixed and matched: One of the biggest tips for minimalists is to create a wardrobe that can be easily mixed and matched. This allows you to still have the outfits you need for work, your social life and special events, while minimizing the amount of clothes you need to create these outfits. The best way to create a mix and match wardrobe is to have different basic items that all go together and pair them with hats, scarves, necklaces and other accessories.
- Examine your purchasing habits: Going forward, when you go to purchase an item, it is important to ask yourself why you want to purchase it. Do you just want it because it is 25% off, or do you want it because you need it? Taking the time to stop and think before you buy will prevent you from purchasing items you do not need.
- Plan for less events and appointments: A minimalistic lifestyle doesn’t just involve organizing your home, but also clearing your life clutter. It isn’t uncommon to feel overwhelmed by never having enough time. When you are more selective with your schedule outside of work, you will suddenly have more free time available to you. This does not mean you should become anti-social, but just be conscious of how much free time you will have each week.
- Regularly reevaluate your belongings: Just because you decluttered and purged your belongings once doesn’t mean you’re done. Whether you want to or not, as time goes on, you will likely acquire more belongings. Every few years, sort through your belongings and pull out items you no longer need.
Clear Household Clutter with a Storage Unit Rental from Spaces Self Storage!
Decluttering your home and getting rid of items you don’t need is very difficult. There will be some items we’re more attached to than others which may feel impossible to get rid of. If you’ve reached the point where you can’t get rid of more items, consider storing them in a storage unit rental. A storage unit rental allows you to easily hold onto items that hold sentimental value, or you can’t justify parting with until the future. This is also a great option for staging the home. With a storage unit rental, you can declutter your home and take your time deciding which items you’d like to purge.
Spaces Self Storage has a storage facility in Toronto, ON with a variety of popular unit sizes for rent. Our storage facility is fully climate controlled to protect your belongings from dangerous fluctuations. Reserve a storage unit today!