Moving to Toronto: 5 Tips to Follow for an Easier Adjustment
Posted on: July 23, 2019 |
Considering moving to Toronto? The city of Toronto is growing rapidly and is considered a great place to live. When moving to any new city, there can be an adjustment period. Knowing a few key tips and tricks can make moving to Toronto a breeze. Find them below.
How to Move to Toronto
- Plan for the weather: When moving to Toronto, plan ahead for the seasons. The winter, for instance, can get very bitterly cold. Pack a nice heavy winter jacket, some snow boots and plenty of mittens and hats.
- You do not need a car: The public transportation in Toronto is awesome! One of the biggest perks to living in Toronto is that if you do not want to own a car, you do not have to. Not only are there subways, streetcars, busses and Ubers in Toronto, you’re also able to rent a bike from bike share companies.
- Spend time looking for an affordable housing option: It’s no mystery that whether you are renting an apartment or buying a home, housing in Toronto is expensive. Before moving to Toronto, spend time looking online for an affordable housing option. The best way to find housing within your budget is to spend time pricing out your options.
- Locate the best grocery store option for you: There are many different grocery stores in Toronto. Generally speaking, the location you choose to shop at is going to depend on what you value most from your store. If you are looking for more organic and healthier food options, consider Noah’s Natural Foods or Whole Foods. For a less expensive grocery haul, No Frills will definitely do the trick.
- Attend a meetup: When moving to a new city, it is important to find a way to start feeling at home. One of them is to get more involved in your community. Look for organizations or clubs that meet periodically and share common interests with you. For example, if you love to read, look for a local book club to join.
Spaces Self Storage Has Storage Facilities in Toronto, ON
While Toronto has many awesome things to offer to its residents, unfortunately, it can be difficult to get accustomed to the high cost of living. One way new Toronto residents generally try to cut back on expenses is by renting a smaller home. With a smaller home, one of the main challenges you may face is the lack of storage space. That’s where we can help! If you’re looking for a storage option in Toronto, consider Spaces Self Storage.
Spaces Self Storage has a state-of-the-art storage facility in downtown Toronto, on Eastern Avenue. Our storage facility is fully climate controlled and have convenient storage unit sizing such as the 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage unit. Make space in your new Toronto home and reserve a storage unit today!