How to Organize a Self Storage Unit for Frequent Access
Posted on: July 18, 2019 |
While many people enter their storage unit a few times a year, there are some people that plan on entering their storage unit much more often than that. Whether it’s to retrieve items for a business, household documents or clothing, wanting frequent access to a storage unit is not uncommon. In order to maximize your time, there are a few important tips frequent access storage renters can follow.
Check out these tips below!
Storage Unit Organization Tips
- Pick one size of boxes: For starters, always stick to one size of boxes. This will help you to be able to be able to stack boxes in your storage unit much easier.
- Label the boxes: Even if you visit your storage unit often, it is still difficult to keep track of what is inside each box. Clearly label the outside of each box with the list of contents inside. This will make it easier to find what you’re looking for and save you hours of digging through each box.
- Plan the layout: Before placing items into your storage unit, it is important to plan out the layout for your storage unit. Do you want to put the holiday decorations in the back? Or all of your household tools towards the left side of the storage unit? Taking time to plan out where you will put all of your items will save you time in the future.
- Create a path: If your storage unit is larger than a 5×5 storage unit, create a path leading from the front of the storage unit to the back. This will allow you to easily access items even if they are located out of reach.
- Determine what items you will need often: Are there some items you will need more often than others? When loading a storage unit, keep these items together in a pile until everything else is loaded in. Items you will use more often should be placed close to the entrance of the storage unit.
- Use shelves: If you are concerned about not being able to find smaller boxes inside of your storage unit, bring a shelving unit inside to add more vertical storage space. With this approach, you will be able to easily locate smaller items and boxes.
Spaces Self Storage Has Storage Facilities in Toronto, ON!
If you’re looking for a storage facility in downtown Toronto, look no further than Spaces Self Storage! Spaces Self Storage has two state-of-the-art storage facilities in the Greater Toronto Area, with fully climate controlled storage units. Reserve your storage unit on Eastern Avenue today!