Self Storage Tips: 6 Tips for Packing a Storage Unit
Posted on: November 29, 2018 |
Many first-time storage unit renters have questions on how to best pack their storage unit. While there really is no wrong way to pack a storage unit, there are a few tips and tricks out there that will help you to get the most out of your storage unit rental. Check out these 6 tips for packing a storage unit below.
6 Tips for Packing a Storage Unit
- Make sure you have enough space: One common mistake in self storage is getting a storage unit that is too big or too small for your items. Before choosing your storage unit, check out our storage unit calculator.
- Load your moving truck opposite of your storage unit: The last thing that you’re going to want to do when loading your moving truck is to have to sort through the boxes before putting them into your storage unit. The items that you want at the front of your storage unit should be loaded into the moving truck first. The items you want in the back of your storage unit should be loaded into the moving truck last.
- Load lesser used items first: When unloading your moving truck, place items that are seasonal or not used as often in the back of your storage unit. This way, they won’t be in the way when you go to visit your storage unit throughout the month.
- Pack items correctly: In order to prevent your items from being damaged during the move, it is important to make sure your items are packed correctly. For tips and tricks on packing a particular item, check out our blog.
- Take advantage of shelves and appliance space: In this situation, space is money. Taking advantage of any space you have inside of your storage unit will help you to fit more items inside. If you are storing a shelving unit, store items inside of the shelves. If you are storing a washer, dryer or refrigerator, store items inside of the appliance doors. Always leave the appliance doors ajar to stop moisture from getting trapped inside.
- Stack items to maximize space: Stacking your items can help to create more storage space. When stacking items, be weary of the items on the bottom so they aren’t crushed.
Spaces Self Storage Has Storage Facilities in Downtown Toronto
Are you looking for a storage facility in the downtown Toronto area? Spaces Self Storage has storage facilities in downtown Toronto on Eastern Avenue and on Dupont Street. Our storage facilities are state-of-the-art and fully climate controlled, making them a safe storage solution for most household, business or student items. Reserve a storage unit with Spaces Self Storage today!