The Top 5 Home Staging Tips to Sell Your Home Faster
Posted on: April 2, 2018 |
When done correctly, home staging can help you to sell your home faster. Home staging involves arranging your house in a way that will appeal to more buyers. When selling your home, try out these home staging tips!
Staging a Home in 5 Easy Steps
- Declutter the Home: A home that is too cluttered will distract the potential customer from what they should be focusing on: picturing themselves living comfortably in a new home. The first step when staging a home is to take the time to clean up all the rooms and remove possessions that just add noise to the home.
- Allow Yourself to Move Your Furniture: It can be difficult to no longer think of the house as your home. But when you’re trying to sell it, that’s exactly what you have to think. You may like how the furniture is set up in each room, but prospective buyers may not. Take the time to move furniture around to make each room more attractive for those interested in purchasing the house.
- Strategically Place Furniture: While many people feel that pushing furniture up against the wall creates a larger space, this isn’t always the case. Be strategic with the placement of your furniture to create a room that will create conversation and has an obvious focal point and traffic path. The goal of this is to create a room that the customer can easily see themselves hosting parties and talking to their families in.
- Decorate with Flowers: Homes that are staged often have flowers placed in the kitchen or living room. This helps to create a homier feel. Instead of buying store flowers, use flowers from outside or the garden. This creates a more personal touch, and potential buyers will see the added bonus of the flowers growing around your home.
- Tackle any Unfinished Projects: Unfinished projects can scare potential buyers into not considering your home. If it doesn’t scare buyers into not wanting your home, it can lead them to believe they may get a lower price for your home. Taking the time to finish all projects can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, and lead to you selling your house for a greater amount of money.
Spaces Self Storage Has Storage Units for Decluttering
When it comes to decluttering your home, the hardest part can be finding a place to put the items that no longer belong in your staged home. Throwing items in the closet, basement or garage is not an option because potential customers will be going through these areas. A solution that many people have found to be helpful is to rent a self storage unit to store the items that are no longer needed in their home. Not only does this help establish a neater and more staged home, it lets you start earlier with the packing and moving process. Spaces Self Storage has various sizes of storage units ranging from the 5×5 storage unit to the 20×18 storage unit. So, no matter how big or how small your home staging storage needs are, Spaces Self Storage has you covered. Rent a storage unit at our Dupont St. or Downtown Toronto facilities for home staging today!