7 Tips for Organizing a Studio Apartment
Posted on: October 27, 2019 |
Living in a small studio apartment can be a challenge, but it is by no means impossible. In order to fit your belongings and stay organized it may just require a little creativity. Are you looking for tips and tricks for organizing your studio apartment? Read below!
7 Studio Apartment Organization Tips
- Cut down on clutter in the entryway: It is common to drop purses, coats, keys and bags in the entryway of a home. When you live in a studio apartment, though, this can easily make your space look overly cluttered. Instead, install an entryway shelf and hooks to be used to store these items. This will help your entire home to look more clutter-free.
- Add creative storage options wherever possible: One of the best ways to keep your home free form clutter is to invest in creative storage options. For example, add storage bins under the bed and even consider a headboard with storage. Getting creative with your storage options can really help to free up space in your apartment.
- Utilize vertical storage space: When you live in a small apartment, it is important to keep in mind that vertical storage space is your friend. Add shelves above the couch, along the walls and in free areas to be used to store smaller items.
- Add a behind the door storage option: Another great area to add a storage a storage option to is behind the door. Consider adding hooks to store scarves, accessories, towels and more.
- Take advantage of light: Natural light can help to make space look lighter and airier. Keep your blinds open to let natural light enter into your apartment.
- Focus on white or light décor: Another great way to open up the space in your apartment is to focus on using white or light-colored items. Paint your walls, desk and dresser a white or light color. This can really help your home to look much more open and larger.
- Add curtains to hide clutter: Have you organized all that you can organize, but a certain space in your home still just doesn’t look clear enough? Consider hanging curtains to hide any signs of clutter from sight. This is a great solution for in front of the closet or shelves in your apartment. Adding curtains can also help to add some separation from the rest of the apartment.
Make Space in Your Studio Apartment with a Storage Unit!
Even after spending time organizing your apartment, you may come to the realization that you simply just have too much stuff. A storage unit can help out with this, because it allows you to items that are not needed as often, like sporting equipment, out of season clothing and holiday decorations, in a location close to your home.
Are you looking for a storage option in the downtown Toronto area? Spaces Self Storage has a storage facility in downtown Toronto on Eastern Avenue with both traditional and climate controlled storage units available for rent. Make space in your studio apartment and reserve a storage unit today!