St. George Campus University of Toronto New Student Tips
Posted on: August 21, 2019 |
Are you new to the University of Toronto? Whether you are a first year or transferring in as a sophomore or upper year, starting at a new college can be scary. But when you follow a few key tips, you may find that your transition into your new school is easier than expected. Try out these 5 tips for University of Toronto Students!
5 Helpful Tips for University of Toronto St. George New Students
- Spend time exploring: The best way to get to know your new home is by spending time exploring it. If you have time before classes start, spend time wandering around campus. You never know when you’ll find your new favorite study spot or local hangout. While it may be easy to get lost the first few weeks on campus, soon you’ll know your route like the back of your hand.
- Find new favorite food spots: Now that you are living in a new area, you have to find your new favorite food spots. On the weekends or between classes, spend time checking out the local food-scene. Between the food halls on campus and restaurants along Bloor and College Street, there’s never a shortage of awesome places to try!
- Join groups and organizations: One of the best ways to make friends at your new school is by joining local groups and organizations. During your first few weeks on campus, spend time chatting with members of various groups to find the right fit for you.
- Take advantage of office hours: One of the best ways to boost your grade and be more confident in your classes is to attend your professors’ office hours. When you attend office hours, you’re able to get 1:1 help from your professors which can not only help you to learn the material, it can also help you to build a relationship with them.
- Find a way to destress: No doubt about it, at some point in your college career, you will be stressed. While stress is college is normal, it is important to find a healthy way to destress. Whether it’s doing a workout class, reading a book or enjoying time with friends, finding a way to relax is very important.
Stay Organized This Year with a Storage Unit Rental!
College living can be tight. Whether you are in a dorm room, or a small apartment, it can be difficult to fit everything you need for college into your student living option. And with such cold and snowy Toronto winters, it’s not exactly possible to pack lightly for the seasons. With a storage unit rental, you don’t have to worry about packing light for the school year to conserve space. Any items you do not need on a day-to-day basis can be stored in a storage unit close to campus.
Are you looking for a storage facility near you? Spaces Self Storage has two storage facilities just a few kilometers from University of Toronto St. George Campus, on Dupont Street and Eastern Avenue. Our storage facilities are fully climate controlled, helping to protect your belongings from cold Toronto winters and hot Toronto summers. Reserve a storage unit with Spaces Self Storage today!