Contractor Tool Storage Tips
Posted on: June 25, 2019 |
Any contractor knows that it takes a lot of tools and equipment to do the job. Whether you are a construction worker, repairman or business contractor, having all of the right tools for the job can make or break how quickly and well you’re able to get the job done. But, in order to run and grow a business, you have to maintain profitable, and renting a bigger business is very expensive. This is where self storage comes into play. With a storage unit rental, you’re able to increase storage space for a fraction of the cost it would take you to buy a bigger building. Interested in learning more? Read below!
The Benefits of Using a Contractor Storage Unit
There are so many benefits to renting a storage unit for contractor storage.
- Ability to travel for new jobs: As a construction worker, you never know where your next job site will be. Instead of buying a storage warehouse and being tied to that location, a storage unit rental allows contractors flexibility to travel to different job sites.
- Month-to-month rentals: When you rent a building or warehouse, you’re tied to that space for a year or even years. With month-to-month storage unit rentals, you’re free to rent for however long or short is convenient for you. When the job finishes up, you’re free to simply end your rental contract and head to the next job site.
- Storage space can grow as you grow: The amount of storage space you once needed for your equipment is likely not what you need now. As your business grows and takes on newer and bigger challenges, you purchased more and more equipment. When you rent out a warehouse or building, you do not have the ability to increase storage space very easily. That is not the case for a storage unit rental, however. With a storage unit rental, you’re able to easily increase or decrease storage space as the need arises.
Contractor Storage Tips
- Use a climate controlled storage unit: When storing sensitive items such as tools and equipment, it is essential to use a climate controlled storage unit. Metal tools are prone to fluctuations in temperature which can eventually cause rust to form.
- Keep commonly used tools front and center: More than likely there are a few tools you use more often than others. In order to prevent yourself from wasting time digging through your storage unit to find these tools, store them near the entrance of the storage unit.
- Label all smaller tool organizer boxes: In order to keep your storage unit organized, label the outside of all boxes containing tools. This will make it easier to find the tools when you need them.
Spaces Self Storage Has Contractor Storage Units Available!
Spaces Self Storage has storage facilities in downtown Toronto, on Eastern Avenue and Dupont Street. Our storage facilities are fully climate controlled, with a variety of storage unit sizes available to renters. For storing smaller tools and equipment, consider a 5×5 storage unit. For larger pieces of equipment and tools, we have 10×10, 15×15, 10×20 and 25×10 storage units for rent. Reserve your storage unit today!