Garage Sale Tips and Tricks for a Successful Event
Posted on: April 22, 2019 |
cAre you looking for a way to declutter your home for the summer? Consider hosting a garage or yard sale! Not only is this a great way to get rid of unneeded items, it also can help you to make some money! But hosting a sale can be a lot of work. In order to make sure that all of the work that goes into hosting a garage or yard sale is worth it, follow these important garage sale tips!
4 Top Garage Sale Tips for Sellers
- Consider hosting a group event: Talk to your neighbors to see if they’d be willing to get in on the garage sale action. While your single sale may attract local attention, when there’s a block or an entire neighborhood involved, you will attract more people from all over to your event.
- Price fairly: It is important to keep in mind that most people that attend garage sales are looking for a bargain. If your main goal of hosting the garage sale is to get rid of items you no longer want, price your belongings to sell. This will make it easier for you to get rid of items you no longer need.
- Advertise: During the weeks leading up to your sale, advertise for your event. Utilize social media and sites like Craigslist to get the word out about your sale. Consider also posting signs around your neighborhood to help get the word out to your local neighbors. One of the best ways to make sure you are attracting relevant traffic to your sale is to include a list of the key category of items that will be sold at your event. For example, if you are selling a lot of baby clothes, toys or furniture, include this list on your signs.
- Include prices in your promotion: Do you have a couple of higher ticket items? Maybe you are selling off some popular movies, a TV or a washer and dryer? Include the prices for any highly sought-after items on your signs.
- Store your items in a storage unit before the sale: One of the main factors that can impact the success of your garage sale is the weather. This means that while you’re ready to host a garage sale now, it may be better to wait until the weather breaks to do so. This can be frustrating, because if you no longer use or want the items, you likely want them out of the house as soon as possible. During the weeks leading up to your garage sale, consider storing the items you want to sell in a storage unit. A storage unit rental is a great way to keep all of your items together in a secure location outside of your house.
Stay Organized With a Storage Unit Rental!
Are you looking for a self storage unit near you? Spaces Self Storage has two storage facilities in downtown Toronto, one on Eastern Avenue and one on Dupont Street. Our storage facilities have popular storage unit sizing, including 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage units in both traditional and climate controlled. Reserve a storage unit today!