Tips for Making New Year’s Resolutions You’ll Keep in 2019
Posted on: January 22, 2019 | by: admin
Did you make New Year’s resolutions for 2019? If so, what are they? According to a recent survey, common New Year’s resolutions in Canada include: personal fitness and nutrition goals, focusing on finances and goals for travel and leisure. But you’ve been here before! And around mid-February, your motivation to achieve these goals fizzles out. Keep your resolutions all year long by following these 6 tips for keeping New Year’s resolutions!
How to Keep New Year’s Resolutions in 6 Simple Steps
- Choose goals that excite you! This is huge. The best way to motivate yourself to actually reaching your goal is to choose goals that you are excited about achieving. For example, maybe your goal is to lose weight for a wedding you will be in during the summer. Use the excitement of feeling good at the wedding to motivate you to achieve your healthy goal.
- Make sure your goals are realistic: It is important to make sure that your goals are realistic. Unfortunately, setting unrealistic goals could result in accidentally setting yourself up to not achieve them. Going off of the previous example, setting a goal to lose 15 pounds in one month is obviously both unhealthy and unrealistic.
- Schedule out time for your goals: If your goals are going to be a priority in your life, then it is important to schedule time for them. If your goal is to spend more time with family and friends, pick one day a week to catch up with a friend. Putting aside time in your schedule will help you to keep these goals a priority
- Write your goals down in a central spot: Find a spot in your home that you look at multiple times a day and hang a list of your goals there. For example, if your goal is to focus more on your finances, hang a piece of paper detailing your goals on your fridge.
- Partner with friends or family members: More than likely, you can find someone in your inner circle that shares your goal. If your goal is to run your first race this year, ask your friends and family members if they would want to go on a jog with you. Having a support system can help go a long way to achieving your goals.
- Reward yourself, smartly: If your goal was to save $1,000 within the first few months of 2019, don’t go blowing $600 of it just because you reached your goal. Instead, once you reach your goal of saving a certain amount of money, reward yourself by buying yourself that sweater you were eying in the store.
Cut the Clutter this Year with a Storage Unit Rental!
It can be hard to focus on your New Year’s resolutions in a home that is cluttered or unorganized! Do you still have Christmas decorations, rakes and more cluttering your home? Make room for the New Year using a storage unit rental! Spaces Self Storage has storage facilities in downtown Toronto, on Eastern Avenue and Dupont Street. Our storage facilities are perfect for personal, business, residential and student storage.
Reserve a 5×5, 5×10 or 10×10 storage unit today!