Restaurant and Catering Storage Tips
Posted on: November 6, 2018 |
Toronto is a booming area, with a lively restaurant and catering scene. As the owner of a popular Toronto restaurant or catering company, you may face a few challenges when it comes to storing all of the necessary equipment, inventory and supplies to make your business run. But we’re here to help you! A storage unit rental can be used to temporarily store any unneeded items. Below, you will find tips for storing restaurant and catering equipment in a storage unit.
5 Catering and Restaurant Storage Tips
- Dinnerware: When packing dishes, glasses, bowls and other dinnerware up for storage, always pad the bottom of the box with crumpled up moving paper. Stack similar dinnerware pieces on top of each other with a piece of packing paper in-between. Of course, the dinnerware must be clean before you store it. Dirty dinnerware can not only cause mold or mildew to form, it can also attract pests.
- Seasonal decorations: Restaurants will often have large Christmas trees, lights and other decorations both inside and outside of the building. While this is a beautiful touch during the season, it can take up a lot of space once the holidays are over. A storage unit rental allows for companies to get in on the holiday spirit, while not cluttering their restaurant with bulky holiday items once the season has passed. Since you will only use seasonal decorations once a year, we recommend that you store them in the back of the storage unit.
- Beer and wine: When you rent a climate controlled storage unit, you’re even able to store beer and wine in your storage unit. If you generally receive your inventory in large shipments, this allows you to order your beer and wine in bulk while keeping your inventory from cluttering your restaurant.
- Extra furniture: Catering companies often have extra furniture they bring to their catering location. A storage unit rental allows companies to store these items in a location close to their business. When you rent a climate controlled storage unit, you’re even able to store more sensitive furniture pieces like leather and wooden items.
- Inventory: Restaurants and catering companies often have large servings bowls, trays and chafing dishes. Before storing these items, make sure they are clean and dry. Do you often get extra inventory shipped to your business? Keep your packages safe from harm by having them shipped to your storage facility at no extra charge! Your package will be in your storage unit for you to pick up at your convenience.
Spaces Self Storage Has Storage Facilities in Downtown Toronto
Are you looking for a storage facility near your restaurant or catering company? Spaces Self Storage has two storage facilities in Downtown Toronto, on Eastern Avenue and Dupont Street. Our storage facilities are 100% climate controlled, making them perfect for storing sensitive items. For restaurant and catering companies, consider a 5×10 or 10×10 storage unit.