What to Look for in a Moving Company
Posted on: November 13, 2018 | by: admin
If you are moving soon, you’re more than likely deciding whether or not to hire movers. Moving is a lot of work, and this can be a big choice. When hiring a mover, it is important to know that not all moving companies are the same. While it is unlikely that you will have a problem, moving scams are not unheard of. Before hiring movers, check out this post to find what to look for in your moving company!
5 Things to Look for When Hiring Movers
- A licensed moving company: Any Joe Shmoe from down the street can get their hands on a truck and call themselves a moving company. The difference between going with any mover and a company that is licensed is a licensed company legally has to protect your belongings and property.
- Recommendations: More than likely, there is someone in your social circle who has recently used a moving company. The best way to ensure you are getting what you pay for is to take recommendations from friends and family members.
- Reviews: Always read up on the moving company before you hire them. If the company is a scam, they likely won’t have reviews tracking back very far.
- Understand the rate: It is important to understand that when you get a quote from a moving company, you’re just getting the base rate. Moving companies will often charge more for moving large and heavy objects. Additionally, any supplies or materials you use for the move will also cost additional money. Before hiring a company, ask about the fees involved. If you are moving to or from a high apartment building, moving companies will often charge more for their workers to navigate through elevators and stairs.
- Customer support team: Although you hopefully will not have to utilize this, it’s always a good idea to make sure the moving company you choose has a good customer support team. If there is a problem, the customer support team can help deal with delayed delivery of items, cost disputes or missing items.
Spaces Self Storage Has Storage Facilities in Downtown Toronto
When you are moving, it isn’t uncommon to need a storage unit rental. If your house has sold but your new home won’t be ready for another month, your items can be temporarily stored in a storage unit. Or, if you are moving into a smaller home than you are used to, a storage unit can hold items that are seasonal or not needed right now.
Did you know that Spaces Self Storage has two storage facilities in Downtown Toronto? Our storage facilities, located on Eastern Avenue and Dupont Street, are 100% climate controlled. Reserve a storage unit today!