Spring Cleaning Tips and Tricks for a More Organized Home
Posted on: April 12, 2019 |
Spring has finally arrived! This is the time to take advantage of the break in the weather to get things done around the house before summer arrives. Are you looking to start a spring cleaning project? Stick with us and we’ll help you get your house ready for the warmer weather!
Spring Cleaning Checklist: Follow These 7 Rules
- Create a schedule: A spring cleaning project can be a big deal. Instead of viewing the project as a whole, break it down into manageable tasks. For example, one weekend plan on tackling one of the items on the list. Once that task is completed, break down the remaining tasks to be done during the following weeks.
- Declutter: One of the most important spring cleaning tips is to declutter your home. Decluttering your home to get rid of items you do not need or use can help your home to appear more clean and organized.
- Clean the windows: It’s amazing how much dirt and grime can get caked on your windows during the winter. Clean your windows with a glass cleaner and micro fiber cloth to make them shine. Additionally, vacuum and dust the shades and blinds for an overall thorough clean.
- Work from top to bottom: It’s important to also focus on your walls! When cleaning and dusting your walls, work from top to bottom. This will force any dust or debris down the walls and keep you from having to re-dust or clean.
- Replace the HVAC filter: Replacing the HVAC filter is one of the most important parts of spring cleaning, but it is often overlooked. During the winter, air conditioning ducts can get clogged with dust and other particles. A new HVAC filter will prevent these dangerous particles from entering into your air.
- Don’t forget about outside: The outside of your house can also take a beating during the winter. Walk around your house and look for any eyesores or areas of concern. If your driveway or walkway are dirty, use a power washer to clean them.
- Stick with it all summer long: You put all of this effort into your spring cleaning project, so don’t let it go to waste! All throughout the summer, make a point to keep up your organizing, cleaning and decluttering project.
Organize Your Home With a Storage Unit Rental!
Are you looking to get organized this spring? One of the best ways to stay organized all year round is through a storage unit rental! A storage unit rental allows you to store unneeded or out-of-season items in a safe and secure location close to home. Spaces Self Storage has two state of the art storage facilities in downtown Toronto, including one on Eastern Avenue and one on Dupont Street. Our storage facilities have both traditional and climate controlled storage units available, ideal for storing temperature sensitive items. Clear the household clutter and reserve a 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage unit today!